[CMake] Visual Studio folders

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Jul 24 12:10:35 EDT 2007

See the cmake function SOURCE_GROUP (search for other messages regarding
this function on this mailing list)...

C:\>"C:\Program Files\CMake 2.4\bin\cmake.exe" --help-command SOURCE_GROUP
cmake version 2.4-patch 7
  SOURCE_GROUP
       Define a grouping for sources in the makefile.

         SOURCE_GROUP(name [REGULAR_EXPRESSION regex] [FILES src1 src2 ...])

       Defines a group into which sources will be placed in project files.
       This is mainly used to setup file tabs in Visual Studio.  Any file
       whose name is listed or matches the regular expression will be placed
       in this group.  If a file matches multiple groups, the LAST group
that
       explicitly lists the file will be favored, if any.  If no group
       explicitly lists the file, the LAST group whose regular expression
       matches the file will be favored.

       The name of the group may contain backslashes to specify subgroups:

         SOURCE_GROUP(outer\\inner ...)

       For backwards compatibility, this command is also supports the
format:

         SOURCE_GROUP(name regex)

HTH,
David