[CMake] Next Edition of the CMake Book

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 12:39:44 EDT 2007

On 7/23/07, Ken Martin <ken.martin at kitware.com> wrote:
> We will be beginning work on the next edition of the CMake book soon. It
> will probably become available late this year. We will be adding a sections
> on Cpack and cross compiling in this edition. If you have any suggestested
> changes or corrections to its contents please send them my way.

I notice that the documentation that ships with CMake does not contain
any information on either cross-compiling or CPack.  They are on the
wiki however.  I thought it difficult to find the link about
cross-compiling amidst the verbiage for various tutorials, so I moved
it to the "Development" section.  Now that CMake has full
cross-compilation support, that's a more appropriate place for it.

I would suggest that the cross-compilation documentation on the wiki
be updated, and vetted by the community, so that whatever goes into
the CMake book is as accurate and bug free as possible.
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Cross_Compiling
Right now, the 1st sentence of the wiki page is, "Cross compiling is
supported by CMake starting with version 2.6.0 (not yet released as of
July 2007)."  Reading that, I have no idea how valid these docs are
for CMake 2.4.7.  If they differ significantly, that's a problem.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every