[CMake] Why can't I change bug #4912 ?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 04:20:11 EDT 2007

2007/7/21, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>:
> Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> >
> > Have a lot of different spammers actually established accounts, logged in
> > and persistently put spam in a lot of different bug reports?  Or is this
> > some rare or hypothetical possibility that you are trying to guard
> > against?
> >
> We will try and come up with a better solution, but this is not an over reaction,
> we have had on going spam damage to the bug tracker at public.kitware.com.

(Efficiently) fighting SPAM on public trackers is not a easy task,
may be you can find inspiration in the way Savannah handles the problem:

https://savannah.gnu.org/cookbook/?func=detailitem&item_id=140

I find both useful and efficient, since it is a mix of restriction
and (distributed) control of content.

--
Erk