[CMake] Why can't I change bug #4912 ?

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 00:31:32 EDT 2007

On 7/20/07, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:

> We will try and come up with a better solution, but this is not an over
> reaction,
> we have had on going spam damage to the bug tracker at public.kitware.com.

For the Chicken wiki we ask people to add numbers together.  I guess
it helps; I'll ask if it has.  It's certainly simple.

I have trouble believing that a backlog of bureaucracy for the bug
owners is a good idea.  You don't have that many people at Kitware to
own bugs, and there are lotsa bugs in the database to be owned.  That
sounds like it will overload the owners and create points of failure.
I'm sure you'll do the extra manual administration for bugs that you
care a lot about.  Not so convinced you'll do it for low priority
bugs.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every