[CMake] Why can't I change bug #4912 ?

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 20:39:06 EDT 2007

I'm trying to add the following comment to bug #4912 and it keeps
saying, "You can not change this bug."  I am logged in, that's not the
problem.  I did try to change some of the version and severity
information at first, because I thought it was relevant to another bug
I'm filing.  But then I realized it's not relevant and I stopped
trying to do that.  It's almost like the system has decided it doesn't
like me and won't let me do anything now.  I tried logging out and
logging in to fool it, no dice.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every

RPATH is a list of strings separated by semicolons.  In your example,
it contains the strings " ", "/home/dac/lib", and "/buildstatic/lib".

${RPATH} is the raw representation of the list of strings.  In your
example, what you have really passed is STRING(REGEX REPLACE "^;" ""
RPATH " " "/home/dac/lib" "/buildstatic/lib").  There were no
semicolons to replace.

"${RPATH}" is a single string, not a list.  It doesn't contain any
semicolons either.

This is not a bug.  It is, however, awkward to keep the differences
between RPATH, ${RPATH}, and "${RPATH}" straight, especially when one
wants to operate on the raw semicolon-separated formats.