[CMake] Re: rc compile options in visual studio

Jon W knowdat at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 13:49:56 EDT 2007

On 7/17/07, Jon W <knowdat at gmail.com> wrote:
> When using visual studio, the resource compile options are updated
> with the cxx preprocessor definitions and the cxx include paths.
>
> How can I remove all of the cxx preprocessor/include definitions and
> redefine the options?  I haven't had any luck trying to reset the
> options such as:
>
> set(CMAKE_RC_FLAGS "" CACHE STRING "Resetting" FORCE)
> set(CMAKE_RC_SOURCE_FILE_EXTENSIONS "rc rc2" CACHE STRING "Resetting" FORCE)
> set(CMAKE_RC_COMPILE_OBJECT "<CMAKE_RC_COMPILER> <CMAKE_RC_FLAGS>
> /fo<OBJECT> <SOURCE>" CACHE STRING "Resetting the rc options." FORCE)

Is it possible to reset the rc compiler options?  This is currently
stopping me from being able to compile, as the .cpp files need one set
of include paths, and the rc files need another.  When the include
paths are combined the .cpp files compile with errors, so I really
need to be able to specify separate options and include paths.

Thank you,
Jon