[CMake] Re: [CTest] Does add_test suppress the output of ctest?

wedekind wedekind at caesar.de
Fri Jul 13 11:21:47 EDT 2007

Hello all,

just an addition, changing the verbose-flag does change the test-output. But
not in the way that could be expected.

This is the output of running "make test" or ctest (without explicitly using
"-V" or "-VV" on the command-line), if no verbose-option or "-V" is given to
add_test:

Running tests...
Start processing tests
Test project <project-dir>
  1/  1 Testing plugin_internal_test             Passed

This is th e output of running "make test" or ctest (without explicitly
using "-V" or "-VV" on the command-line), if "-VV" is given to add_test:

Running tests...
Start processing tests
Test project <project-dir>
  1/  1 Testing plugin_internal_test          ..
OK (2)
-- Process completed
   Passed

Running ctest with "-V" or "-VV" gives the expected output. This would be
very helpfull, if the tests somehow do not build or run and I want to
diagnose the reason by increasing the verbosity-level.

So to reformulate my former question:

How can I get the output from "ctest -V" or "ctest -VV" when running "make
test"?

Thanks again

Marco