[CMake] ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND issues

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 10:27:39 EDT 2007

On 7/13/07, Brandon Van Every <bvanevery at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've noted the following weird behavior on the MinGW generator,
> executing under a Windows 2000 command prompt.  I do not have ctags
> installed on my system.  Running from a pristine out-of-source build
> directory, the 1st time I execute "mingw32-make", I get errors as I
> would expect.  The 2nd time, I don't.  Then if I do "mingw32-make
> clean", followed by "mingw32-make", I get errors as I would expect.
> Errors only get reported once per build.

Or maybe this is expected POST_BUILD behavior?  The executable builds
just fine.  Then a POST_BUILD event is run, and it does whatever.  The
next time we try to build the executable, it's already built, so no
POST_BUILD event is run.  If this is expected behavior, then it should
be documented.  It's easy for a user to get confused and think a
POST_BUILD should behave as a simple dependency.  The docs merely say,
"POST_BUILD - run after the target has been built."

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every