[CMake] Re: Deb and RPM package generation modules

Mehdi Rabah mehdi.rabah at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 13:31:48 EDT 2007

On 7/12/07, Vitor Vasconcelos Araujo Silva <vasconcv at loria.fr> wrote:

> > The macro use the variable ${PROJECT_NAME} to name the debian control
> > file (which will be used to generate the deb package). If cmake complain
> > about a rule already outputing the same file, maybe it's because you're
> > trying to build packages for many subprojects and two of the subprojects
> > use the PROJECT() macro with the same name ?
>
>         First of all, thanks for the fast answer.

You're welcome

        About the package, indeed I'm trying to build a package of my entire
> project. I checked and (as I expected) there are no subprojects with the
> same name.

It seems that the macro is called twice while the value of ${PROJECT} didn't
changed (maybe twice in the same file?). If your project is open source, I
can take a look

> I this doesn't help you, try giving me more details.
> > Also, try to set CMAKE_MODULE_PATH, instead of giving (like me ^^) the
> > relative path of the module.
>
>         I didn't try to change it yet, but I didn't put your macros in the
> default directory for modules. So, if I change the CMAKE_MODULE_PATH to
> it, I believe that other MACROS will stop to work. Am I wrong?

No, this variable add path(s) to the standard path where cmake search
modules.
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Useful_Variables

        I can say I'm not using a control file, but using the MACRO's
> variables.

Ok, but my macro generate a control file name control_${PROJECT_NAME} in
${PROJECT_BINARY_DIR} folder.
Your problem is not to that the file already exist, but that there is two
rule trying to generate the same control file.
(there may be a problem, I should use DEB_TARGET_NAME instead of the project
name, I'll change it tomorrow. I hope it will solve your problem because I'm
soon on vacation for two weeks)

        Thanks a lot one more time and I'll try the CMAKE_MODULE_PATH tip.

You're welcome.
Please keep the mailing list in the CC :)

Regards,
Mehdi Rabah