[CMake] cmake install - problem at copy

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Mon Jul 9 10:37:08 EDT 2007

On 2007-07-09 14:37+0200 digicapt - cmake wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the version 2.4-patch 6 of cmake on a Fedora core 6 and I have a problem with the INSTALL : the generated target works fine (in the build directory) but the copy in the destination is changed so that some libraries are not found anymore.
>
> When I check them, the size of the copied file is different. And an nm on the files shows me that all is there but the addresses have changed.
>
> I have all the needed permissions in /usr/bin/mybin.
>
> Here is my INSTALL command in my CMakeLists.txt :
>
> INSTALL(TARGETS mytarget
>        RUNTIME
>        DESTINATION /usr/bin/mybin
>        PERMISSIONS OWNER_READ OWNER_WRITE OWNER_EXECUTE
>                    GROUP_READ GROUP_EXECUTE
>                    WORLD_READ WORLD_EXECUTE)
>
> Thank you for your help.

Do you install your libraries in a non-standard location similar to your above
executable install?  If so, then you need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the
non-standard library directory in order for your executables to find the
libraries at run time.

If LD_LIBRARY_PATH doesn't work try "ldd -r" to help diagnose the problem.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).