[CMake] Different INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES for each library

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Fri Jul 6 09:24:44 EDT 2007

On Friday 06 July 2007 09:12, Paul Richards wrote:
> On 06/07/07, Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net> wrote:
> > On Friday 06 July 2007 07:45, Paul Richards wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I have one large CMakeLists.txt file which defines multiple static
> > > libraries.  I'm currently using INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES which sets the
> > > include path for all of them at once.  Can I set different include
> > > directories for each static lib?
> >
> > This is  currently not really possible, include directories are per
> > directory. There may be an improvement there in cmake 2.6 (which will
> > still needs some months) or you could use
> > SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(COMPILE_FLAGS "-I dir"), but then cmake won't know
> > about the include dirs and e.g. the dependency scanning might not work.
>
> What do you mean by "include directories are per directory"?

The include directories you define using INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES() are used for
all targets defined in this CMakeLists.txt and they are also "inherited" to
all CMakeLists.txt in subdirectories added using SUBDIRS() or
ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(). In these subdirectories you can add more include
directories if you want to.

Alex