[CMake] Ada language support

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Mon Jul 2 14:56:20 EDT 2007

On 2007-07-02 19:31+0200 Arjen Markus wrote:

>> On Monday 02 July 2007 10:11, Camek, Alexander wrote:
>>> Hi List,
>>>
>>> I have seen that there is a support of a fortran compiler besides c, c++
>>> and java in cmake.
>>> Is there support for ADA around there?
>>>
>>> If it is not so, is it possible to adapte the modules of fortran for
>>> Ada?
>>> Do I have to look out for something if I do an adaptation of the fortran
>>> modules?
>>

>> See Modules/CMakeAddNewLanguage.txt and have a look at the Fortran, Java
>> and
>> ASM (current cvs only) files in Modules/.
>> Ask if you have questions.
>>

> The PLplot project (http://plplot.sf.net) has Ada bindings and
> it uses CMake for building all the libraries and example programs.
> You may find what you are looking for there.

Specifically look for

CMakeAdaCompiler.cmake.in
CMakeAdaInformation.cmake
CMakeDetermineAdaCompiler.cmake
CMakeTestAdaCompiler.cmake
ada.cmake

in http://plplot.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/plplot/trunk/cmake/modules/. I
plan to donate the first four of those files to CMake (ada.cmake is
currently too trivial), and feedback would be appreciated.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).