[CMake] documentation for previous cmake versions

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 14:47:43 EST 2007

2007/2/28, Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net>:
> Hi,
>
> on http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Documentation.html there is the documentation for the current cmake version.
> It would be nice if the documentation for the older versions would also be available on www.cmake.org. This would help when checking in which version some feature has been introduced. As it is now if somebody needs to check he has to install all the cmake versions himself :-/

Personnally,
I would rather go for "Modification history" in the "current" documentation
something like

INSTALL: Specify rules to run at install time.

[... usual help ...]

History:
New Since 2.4.0 New INSTALL macro
New Since 2.4.4 Added the INSTALL(DIRECTORY ...) support

in the same way;

INSTALL_PROGRAMS:

[... usual help ...]

History:
Deprecated Since 2.4.0 use INSTALL

Using this kind of scheme you may handle
compatibility issue only by examing up to date doc.

In order to keep history relatively small one
may only keep "compatibility" modification notice
and or purge history of more than a year version.

--
Erk