[CMake] how work dependencies

klaas.holwerda ngi at klaasholwerda.nl
Sun Feb 18 17:21:42 EST 2007

Hi,

I always thought that Cmake did automatically rebuild libraries, within
the same Cmake build, linked to my application.
Like if i have several libraries created with ADD_LIBRARY() and linked
to my end executable with TARGET_LINK_LIBARIES or just LINK_LIBRARIES.
But it seems i am missing something, since it stopped working for me,
and i don't know which change did that.
Maybe it is SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES() which i use to set output names for
libraries, different from the ones in ADD_LIBRARY its target.
So the end executable target, is linked with the endname from the
properties, not with the original target name of ADD_LIBRARY.

SO the question is, do i need to use:

ADD_DEPENDCIES explicit, to make target like the above depend on the
other lower targets?

Or should this be automatic ( which it was for me before ), and is
something else wrong?

Thanks for some help!

Klaas