[CMake] Making timestamped tarball with CPack

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Thu Feb 15 11:06:50 EST 2007

On 2007-02-15 16:12+0100 Eric Noulard wrote:

> Before using CMake I made Makefile rules
> that build some sort of timestamped tarballs something
> which may look like:
>
> mysource-x.y.z-11h45-username.tgz
>
> Is there a way to build such tarball with CMake/CPack
> or should I post a request for feature or a patch?

You have complete control over the name of the source tarball and binary
tarball from _cmake_.  Just set CPACK_SOURCE_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME and/or
CPACK_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME from within your top-level CMakeLists.txt file. Just
invoke cmake with -DDATE=`date "+%Hh%M"` and then use that DATE variable to
build the name that you want within your top-level CMakeLists.txt file.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project
(lbproject.sf.net).