[CMake] CTest oupput comparison.

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Wed Feb 14 21:19:07 EST 2007

On 2007-02-15 10:44+1100 Andrew Maclean wrote:

> If I have a test suite with a reference output say ref.text, is it possible
> for ctest when it runs the test to compare the output of the test with this
> reference output?
>
> If so how?

>From the documentation

  ADD_TEST(testname Exename arg1 arg2 ...)
[..]
by executing Exename with the specified arguments.  Exename can be
either an executable built by this project or an arbitrary executable
on the system (like tclsh).

So you can specify any command there (such as a shell script that generates
results, compares them with ref.text, and which exits with non-zero error
code if the comparison is not exact).

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project
(lbproject.sf.net).