[CMake] wxWidgets Find + Packages macros

klaas.holwerda kholwerd at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 10 13:49:43 EST 2007

Hi Cmakers and users,

I did an attempt to improve FindwxWidgets, and to add some macros to
easily add packages based on something in the making called wxWidgets
Packages.

http://wxwpm.sourceforge.net/index.php

The packages must be compiled in the same manner as the wxWidgets build
that was found, also naming of libraries in a package is based on what
was found in the FindwxWidgets stage.
Questions:
- I am not sure if a FindXX module may contain macros to easily do extra
thing with the module found, like finding thirdparty libraries or naming
your own libraries on the bases of the module found etc.
- Where to best place this (wxWidgets itself or in Cmake ).

I did upload it here: http://www.pontademangue.com/tmp/wxpm.tgz

It contains the modified FindwxWidgets, a packaged called "led" + a
sample which uses both.
I did test it for VC and Linux. Very likely its needs some additional
things to deal with MingW or Cygwin, and borland etc. I already did try,
but not test it. I am already using it as part of wxArt2D, and it does
the job there.

Oke, this is just a first step, i am open to all suggestions!

Thanks to the original writers of the last version of FindwxWidgets, let
me know what i did wrong or where to go next.

regards,

Klaas