[CMake] cmake integration

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 11:57:41 EST 2007

2007/2/9, Pavel Volkovitskiy <int at mtx.ru>:

> Looks like cmake's developers doesn't plan world domination? :)
> Or may be it's not possible to use generic rules to run cmake's based
> make-system?

What do you mean by "generic rule" ?
An exemple would be welcomed.

> I have another question too...
> conary has ability to autodiscover build reqs for auto* make-system
>
> so i want to implement same feature for cmake's make-system
> Now i'm looking for requirements in CMakeCache.txt
> (search lines like ASPELL_LIBRARIES:FILEPATH=/usr/lib64/libaspell.so)
>
> but some CMakeLists.txt uses something like this:
> """
> IF(ASPELL_FOUND AND NOT USE_KDE3)
> ELSE(ASPELL_FOUND AND NOT USE_KDE3)
>   IF(USE_KDE3)
>     MESSAGE(STATUS "Spell plugin is disabled when building with KDE")
> """
> ie checks for aspell in any case, so if we cooking package with kde support
> we will have autodiscovered build requirement which is not really needed.

What do you mean you check for ASPELL_FOUND even if you
don't need to use ASPELL?

Your CMakeLists.txt does not show the part where ASPELL is "discovered"
may be with something like
FindPackage(ASPELL).

> Is this may be checked somehow? if any way exist to dump only really
> used variables?

I don't get your point. Dump where? In CMakeCache.txt?

> Or maybe this CMakeList just bad written?

Send the whole CMakeLists.txt and add comment where appropriate
I think it would be easier for us to understand what you want.

--
Erk