[CMake] Newbie: How to generate .err files during compile

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 08:11:25 EST 2007

2007/2/9, dieter oberkofler <d.1234567890 at qualiant.at>:
> 3) The suggestion by Alexander to use a wrapper seems the way to go and I
> just need to figure out how to get the individual error file name.

I think your script will be given
the C/C++ compile command line arguments as its own argument
one of them should match a C or C++ filename.

Once matched you may add .err to the filename.

> 4) I'm actually surprised that it is so uncommon to use individual error
> files

I think most compile gives errors with source file context information
whose most source editor are able to parse for opening the corresponding
source file at the given line.

As an example:

tsp/src/consumers/ascii_writer/tsp_ascii_writer_main.c:96:  error:
expected expression before '?' token

> and would be trilled if the CMAke makers would consider of including
> this feature.

I'm not CMake makers (nice wording thoughj) so let them answer that.
--
Erk