[CMake] Newbie question

Kevin Tucker ktucker at birdstep.com
Tue Feb 6 19:41:50 EST 2007

I've been doing a lot of reading and yet, I don't seem to be able to get
even the simplest project to work.  I tried searching the cmake list
archives, but couldn't find anything helpful.

I'm on Win2k3 and cmake 2.4.6(used the windows installer) and visual
studio .NET 2003.

My test.c file is:

#include <stdio.h>

int main()

{

            printf("Hello, World!");

}

My CMakeLists.txt file is:

PROJECT(Test Prog)

ADD_EXECUTABLE(MyProg test.c)

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES( MyProg )

I continually get these errors:

C:\projects\test>cmake .

CMake Error: cmListFileCache: error can not open file C:/projects/test

CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:

CMake Error: Could not find cmake module
file:C:/projects/test/CMakeFiles/CMakeProgCompiler.cmake

CMake Error: cmListFileCache: error can not open file C:/projects/test

CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:

CMake Error: cmListFileCache: error can not open file C:/projects/test

CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:

*       Configuring done

I get those errors even when using the GUI through cmakesetup.

What am I doing wrong????

Kevin