[CMake] ADD_DEPENDENCIES Adding dependency to non-existent target: doc-testHi,

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Feb 6 10:39:51 EST 2007

ADD_DEPENDENCIES(doc test1)

Your ADD_DEPENDENCIES command says "doc depends on test1 -- make sure the
test1 target builds first before the doc target"... Is that what you want?

If you want it the other way around, then you just need to swap the args to
ADD_DEPENDENCIES.

The CMake source tree itself has several examples of ADD_DEPENDENCIES. The
main one that popped out of my grep results is:
ADD_DEPENDENCIES(CMakeSetup cmake)

...which says "CMakeSetup depends on cmake -- make sure cmake is built
before CMakeSetup"...

HTH,
David