[CMake] CMake and Doxygen documentation

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Mon Feb 5 13:02:04 EST 2007

On 2007-02-05 17:18+0100 Crni Gorac wrote:

> Anyone having a simple example of CMake setup to support target named
> say "docs" in CMake generated makefile so that "make docs" would
> generate project documentation using Doxygen?

Yes.

Browse the subversion repository of libLASi project at
http://lasi.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lasi/trunk/.  One complication is we
generate both user and developer forms of our documentation in doc/user and
doc/developer using doxygen, but otherwise it is about as simple as you can
get.

One nasty complication is the "INSTALL(DIRECTORY ..." pattern we use to
install the doxygen-generated results demands that the directory doc be
present at cmake time so the cmake command quit with an error if we
attempted to generate the doc directory at "make" time.  I am unaware of any
way to get cmake to create a directory _at cmake time_ (if somebody knows of
a way, please let me know!) so we ended up creating an empty subversion
directory called doc to satisfy this need.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project
(lbproject.sf.net).