[CMake] How to find out the compiler directory?

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Sun Dec 30 11:55:36 EST 2007

On Saturday 29 December 2007, Steven Van Ingelgem wrote:
> I'm using the CVS version.
>
> "cl" is unknown in my environment (not defined by the %PATH%
> variable), so CMake will probably get it from the registry.
>
> But I want to use the path that CMake found already inside my
> CMakeList.txt, not search it again ;-).

Here is a short introduction on how assembler works with cmake, ask if you
have questions.

Are you using nmake or MSVC ?
If you are using nmake, cl will be found via PATH, i.e. you have to run it
from a prompt where the environment is set up correctly. This is done by
running the MS supplied batch file. In this case also the assembler should be
available via PATH.

Alex