[CMake] cmTryCompileExec.exe error

George Neill georgen at neillnet.com
Thu Dec 27 22:38:26 EST 2007

Hi CMakers,

I am trying to compile on windows in 'Release' mode.   I am getting a
error about a missing MSVCR71D.dll debug library (which I presume
might be a bad compiler install or some crafty person making sure we
don't build against debug libs).  Anyhow, I can build a simple "hello
world" program and it executes properly without the /MDd flag by hand.

When I am trying to preform platform checks ... it appears
cmTryCompileExec.exe does not utilize the -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE
define/flags.  What can I do to force it to use the CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE
settings?

TIA,
George.