[CMake] mingw32 linker line exceeds win32 limitations

Jesper Eskilson jesper at eskilson.se
Fri Dec 21 04:14:59 EST 2007

Felix Obenhuber wrote:
> On Do, 2007-12-20 at 21:02 +0100, Jesper Eskilson wrote:
>> To be picky, mingw32-make (i.e. GNU make) doesn't mind at all, but
>> cmd.exe might. (Mingw32-make will happily use any bourne-shell it can
>> get its hands on.)
>
> You're absolutely right. The problem is, that we're using mingw32 from
> Code::Blocks. So we would habe to change the default shell to something
> else than cmd.exe (or patch codeblocks).

Unless Code::Blocks has a specially patched GNU make which is hardcoded
to cmd.exe there shouldn't be any difficulty to get your make to use
sh.exe (Cygwin's, for example).

In fact, I've had trouble the other way around; forcing GNU make to use
cmd.exe in the presence of Cygwin's sh.exe in PATH.

> Think other probs will raise due our company workstation setup
> containins some bat scripts...

That is only a problem if you have cmd.exe-specific stuff in your
makefile-invocations.

--
/Jesper