[CMake] Re: Re: MSVC turn off RelWithDebInfo and MinSizeRel

Fernando Cacciola fernando.cacciola at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 13:03:57 EST 2007

David Cole wrote:
>> What do you mean? Do you get an error message? If so, send along the text
>> of
>> the error...

OK

I didn't post the error becasue I could reproduce it... I just remember
seeing it.

But now I got what happens, let me explain:

Say you have:

SET(CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES "WrongOne" CACHE INTERNAL "bla bla" FORCE)

when you run it you get:

CMake Error: Invalid configuration type in CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES:
WrongOne (Valid types are Debug,Release,MinSizeRel,RelWithDebInfo)

so you change it to:

SET(CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES "WrongOne" CACHE INTERNAL "bla bla" FORCE)

when you run it again, you get the same error (the generator still gets the
old cached value instead of the new one)

you need to run it again to get it right.

--
Fernando Cacciola
SciSoft