[CMake] Multiple executables sharing object files

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 16:19:20 EST 2007

On Dec 19, 2007 3:41 PM, David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com> wrote:
> One other very good reason, too:
> Same target may have two source files of the exact same name, but they exist
> in different directories (Abc/Object.cxx and Def/Object.cxx). In that case,
> the object files will be further hidden in subdirectories to avoid two files
> in the "object files directory" from having a name collision.

If we had a standard way of finding the location of object files, this
wouldn't be an issue as the directory name would be part of what's
returned.  You guys sure argue a lot about an easy feature to
implement.  Where's the harm in making it easy for the user to find
the object files?

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every