[CMake] Re: premake build system

Rodolfo Schulz de Lima rodolfo at rodsoft.org
Mon Dec 17 15:54:41 EST 2007

Bill Hoffman escreveu:

> Something like PCH support is a native build feature that CMake should
> support.  As such, it should be done in C++, and built into CMake.  Some
> work has been done to support this.  The "hard" stuff for CMake should
> be done in C++.   That is the implementation language of CMake. Ideally,
> there would be a few commands you would call to enable PCH's in a cross
> platform way.   Brad King has looked into this, and because it is done
> so different with so many compilers it is hard in any language. If you
> really are interested in adding support for this, I would recommend you
> work with Brad and try to pick up where he left off.

Ok, thanks for the input. But I'm not trying something magical or too
difficult. I'm just setting up compiler parameters and trying to compile
the least headers I can, based on compiler flags assigned to each
source. And this is just one use case... what if someone happens to need
some processing cmake cannot provide easily? Should we touch cmake's
code? You know, I could program a windows application in assembly, but
C++ makes it easier for me. When I code in cmake script, sometimes I
feel like programming in assembly due to the lack of programming primitives.

Regards,
rod