[Spam] Re: [CMake] Re: premake build system

Gonzalo Garramuño ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar
Mon Dec 17 15:16:05 EST 2007

David C Thompson wrote:
> Gonzalo Garramuño wrote:
>> Alexander Neundorf wrote:

>>> Ok, what are you doing exactly, what are the problems ?
>> First, trying simple 32-bit compiles on a 64-bit machine (Ubuntu OS).
>>
>> For 32-bit compiles on a 64-bit machine, the problem is that UnixPaths
>> does not change the location where it searches for files.
>
> Are you using "setarch i386 cmake" ? That should help by forcing uname
> to advertise the architecture as 32-bit.

No, I'm not.  But using it does not seem to improve things that much.
Still lots of paths get picked up wrong due to bad UnixPaths.cmake.

In my case, X11 and GL get picked from the 64-bit paths instead of
32-bits (and yes, I have 32-bits versions in /usr/lib32).

For example:

-- Found X11: /usr/lib64/libX11.so---
It is impossible to order the linker search path in such a way that
libraries specified as full paths will be picked by the linker.
Directories and libraries involved are:
Directory: /usr/lib32 contains:
Library: /usr/lib64/libGL.so
Library: /usr/lib64/libGLU.so