[CMake] Re: premake build system

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Mon Dec 17 12:57:17 EST 2007

On Monday 17 December 2007, Rodolfo Schulz de Lima wrote:
> Gonzalo Garramuño escreveu:
> > I honestly don't think it will take 10 more years for a tool to match
> > the benefits of cmake with a better syntax.  As I have said before, I
> > think it is only 3 or so years away from happening.
>
> What bugs me is the fact that cmake achieves like 90% of build system
> features that I'd consider important to have. Better scripting and
> autotools's configure parameters (--enable-debug, --without-something)
> is what I miss the most.

I see two options:
If you can find some spare time, there is a command argument parser in
CMake/Source/kwsys/, which is used e.g. by cpack, but not (yet) by cmake.
Using this in cmake is the first step in getting better support for custom
command line parameters. A patch would be very welcome.
Currently I don't have the time.

Second idea: maybe it would already help if the command line arguments to
cmake would be available via a special cmake variable.
Is there anything which speaks against this, Bill ?

Alex