[CMake] Re: -G KDevelop3 and Fortran

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Fri Aug 31 11:51:25 EDT 2007

On Friday 31 August 2007 11:45, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 31.08.07 11:19:52, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > Andreas: is it possible to have both <kdevfortransupport> and
> > <kdevcppsupport> in the same kdevelop project file ?
>
> Yes.

This is what kdevelop creates by default for a Fortran project:

  <kdevfortransupport>
    <ftnchek>
      <division>false</division>
      <extern>false</extern>
      <declare>false</declare>
      <pure>false</pure>
      <argumentsall>false</argumentsall>
      <commonall>false</commonall>
      <truncationall>false</truncationall>
      <usageall>false</usageall>
      <f77all>false</f77all>
      <portabilityall>false</portabilityall>
      <argumentsonly/>
      <commononly/>
      <truncationonly/>
      <usageonly/>
      <f77only/>
      <portabilityonly/>
    </ftnchek>
  </kdevfortransupport>

It seems these are settings for ftnchk, the Fortran compatiblity checker. If I
don't insert this in the project file, I guess kdevelop will just use the
same values as default ?

> > Should I set primarylanguage to Fortran if fortran is the only enabled
> > language or also if fortran *and* C/C++ are enabled ?
>
> Thats hard to answer, it depends on wether the user wants to do Fortran
> or C++ work primarly. KDevelop3 only supports 1 language per project, so
> either way its less-than-perfect for some use-cases.

In order not to change previous behaviour I'll only make Fortran the primary
language if it's the only language in the project.

Alex