[CMake] FIND_LIBRARY not finding libtoto.so.1 if libtoto.so link is missing

Dizzy dizzy at roedu.net
Fri Aug 31 05:00:42 EDT 2007

On Friday 31 August 2007 11:44:11 Eric Noulard wrote:
> I was trying to use (as usual)
>
> FIND_LIBRARY to find an installed library
> the library is (Linux system)
>
> /usr/lib/libtoto.so.1
> which is a symbolic link to
> /usr/lib/libtoto.so.1.0.7
>
> The link /usr/lib/libtoto.so --> /usr/lib/libtoto.so.1
> is missing.
>
> Then FIND_LIBRARY does not find
> /usr/lib/libtoto.so.1
> unless I add the missing link.

How did you used FIND_LIBRARY exactly? (its arguments) Because if you used
something like FIND_LIBRARY(NAMES toto) then it's probably intended
behaviour. Does autoconf finds your library in that case using
AC_CHECK_LIB(toto, ...)?

> Is this a FIND_LIBRARY bug or
> bad installation of the concerned lib?

Seems more like a bad installation to me but I would also first look into what
AC_CHECK_LIB() does in a similar position.

Mihai RUSU					Email: dizzy at roedu.net
			"Linux is obsolete" -- AST