[CMake] New compiler module for Digital Mars' D language -- one problem remains!

Tim Burrell tim.burrell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 20:56:20 EDT 2007

Hey Alexander,

>> Will this patch make it into CVS and eventually an upcoming CMake release?
>
> Done. It will be in cmake 2.6.0.

Excellent!  Thanks again for the quick work on this.

>> I'm also curious, what would it take to get the D modules into the
>> default CMake install?  Of course I would be willing to take
>> maintainership of them.
>
> That and one or more tests in CMake/Tests/ so it can be tested every night.

I have no problem creating some test cases however the D compiler module
is a bit complicated.  It supports two different compilers, and two
different standard library sets (which are incompatible with each
other).  I'm curious how automated testing might work.  Would there be a
machine that would get the D compilers loaded onto?

I could come up with a test example that will compile with both standard
libraries, and if both compilers were set up on the test machine, each
compiler could be set up to use a specific standard library.

I'm not sure how rigorous the tests should be, if it's enough to know
one compiler and one library passes a test this should be relatively
easy, but if every case needs to be covered this may require an overly
complex solution.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Tim.