[CMake] New compiler module for Digital Mars' D language -- one problem remains!

Tim Burrell tim.burrell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 12:02:32 EDT 2007

Hi there,

I'm currently working on a compiler module for CMake for the D
programming language, and so far it's worked quite well, with one exception:

The digital mars linker _requires_ that TARGET_LINK_LIBRARY paths have a
trailing slash on them.  To make matters worse it uses the same command
line switch for both link library paths and link libraries (it
differentiates between them via the trailing slash).

So far as I can tell CMake strips trailing slashes, and there doesn't
appear to be a way to force it not to do this, or to add a trailing
slash onto the library path.

Is there actually a way to do this, and I'm just missing it?  If not,
could this be included as a feature?  Maybe something like:

SET(CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH_FLAG_TERMINATOR "/") # or "" for none

This would be great!  (I actually don't really care how it's
implemented, I'd just like a way to make it happen).

Thanks,

Tim.