[CMake] Programs linked to .a or .so libraries?

Jack Kelly endgame.dos at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 11:11:25 EDT 2007

Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> But it's also a security nightmare: you cannot just update the lib, you also
> have to relink the program.

Another reason: you can't statically link against GNU LGPL code without
getting into a huge mess of sending out half-linked binaries so that
users still have the freedom to modify the LGPL part of the code and
link it against your static work.

(I know that the OP wasn't talking about LGPL code, but I thought I'd
throw it out there as a reason why I don't think it's so great an idea)

-- Jack