[CMake] Using WIN32 resource files (with MinGW)

Dizzy dizzy at roedu.net
Sun Aug 26 05:45:23 EDT 2007

Hello

As someone on IRC hinted I added the resource.h/resource.rc files to the
project add_executable() source list. However this doesn't seem to work, at
least with mingw that I am using on Windows (it doesn't seem to be calling
any command to add the resource file to the project by looking at make
VERBOSE=1 and I don't see an icon associated with the executable).

I am very ignorant towards specific Windows programs stuff, I am trying to
port over cmake something that built with automake on Unices and some VS.Net
project file on Windows. Is there any documentation describing how to add
resource files with cmake? If someone does this already please help.

I also have some more questions:
- to get application icon do I need the "WIN32" after the target in
add_executable()? From what I could understand that WIN32 attribute just
makes the application not start a console (thus seems to me orthogonal to the
icon and resource usage issues). I would need an icon associated with a
console application too. In any case my problem is not related to adding
WIN32 after the target of add_executable() because I also have a non-console
target for which I do use WIN32 and I still don't get an icon
- the files referenced from the .rc files when using relative paths are
searched in which directories? (since I couldn't see with make VERBOSE=1 what
command and with what arguments is cmake using to add the resource files to
an executable I couldn't figure this out myself)

Thanks for any help!

Mihai RUSU					Email: dizzy at roedu.net
GPG : http://dizzy.roedu.net/dizzy-gpg.txt	WWW: http://dizzy.roedu.net
			"Linux is obsolete" -- AST