[CMake] installation of properly line ended text files

James Bigler bigler at cs.utah.edu
Fri Aug 24 08:36:47 EDT 2007

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Friday 24 August 2007 04:48, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> On 24.08.07 11:02:02, Dizzy wrote:
>>> My project in the install phase copies some configuration files. These
>>> files are originally using UNIX line endings (we are doing main
>>> development on UNIX plus SVN likes to keep them that way).
>> Right, SVN internally always stores text files with only \n as
>> lineending, however....
>
> When I set up an svn server it didn't do anything to the line endings, i.e.
> they were kept as they were submitted. I had to set up svn properties on
> client side (based on file name matching) to make line end conversion work.
>
> Did I miss something ?

By default, the server doesn't do anything to the line endings until you
specify a line ending property.  If you set the line endings to 'native'
it stores the file with Unix line endings on the server and the client
translates them as needed for the working directory.

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn.advanced.props.file-portability.html#svn.advanced.props.special.eol-style

James