[CMake] installation of properly line ended text files

Dizzy dizzy at roedu.net
Fri Aug 24 07:06:24 EDT 2007

On Friday 24 August 2007 13:04:15 Jack Kelly wrote:
> Dizzy wrote:
> > Thanks for the idea. I could use as a workarround configure_file() in
> > some way or another but then I still need one more issue solved. How to
> > escape "${variable}" strings in a input to configure_file() so that it
> > doesn't try to do variable replacement on the placeholder? (this should
> > be a general available feature, people would probably need to escape
> > variable placeholders in other situations than mine). Example: I had an
> > almost similar problem where "${variable}" from the Makefile were
> > replaced by their value by the running "make" but I didnt wanted to so I
> > had to use $${variable}. Is there something similar?
>
> You shouldn't have to do any escaping. Use
>
> CONFIGURE_FILE(${SOURCEFILE} ${DESTFILE} COPYONLY)

Thanks for the hint. This should solve my existent problem but it's not a good
solution in general as one may have variables that he wishes to have
configure_file() replacing them and variables that he wishes not (ex. like in
a Makefile escaped with a $$).

But it will do for now.

Mihai RUSU					Email: dizzy at roedu.net
			"Linux is obsolete" -- AST