[CMake] CPack again..

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 06:39:33 EDT 2007

2007/8/24, Robert Bielik <robert.bielik at xponaut.com>:
> Is CPack anything that is "alive"? The lack of responses makes me feel "not"... (?)

Yes it is.
At least many of us are using CPack.
Mathieu did contribute DEB (Debian) package generator recently merged into CVS
I did some work for an RPM package generator merged into CVS with the
help of Alexander (Neundorf).

You may checkout the CVS version of CMake and you'll see that CPack
is indeed alive :))

May be CPack admin just lacks time...

[...]

> Hi all,
>
> Just looking into using CPack for generating our installation scripts. On Windows I can see only NSIS, are there any
> efforts towards generating an XML for WiX (so that a .msi file can be created)?

For that I don't know, moreover I don't even know what is "XML for WiX".

The things I know is that writing a CPack generator is not "that" hard
if you accept to take some time to do it.
Writing a new CPack generator is done by writing a new subclass
of CMake/Source/CPack/cmCPackGenericGenerator.[h|cxx]

If you do not like or is if you are not in the position which makes
you recompile CMake easilly you may try to implement your
"XML for WiX" as a set of CMake MACROs.

I began to write a "faked" CPack generator using CMake macro:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMakeUserUseRPMTools
and it works pretty well.

--
Erk