[CMake] Cannot create named generator when executing cmake through script (python)

Raphael Cotty raphael.cotty at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 24 04:38:20 EDT 2007

Hi,
Try that:
if platform.platform(True, True) == "Windows-XP":
        p1 = subprocess.Popen( ['cmake', '-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=' +
installDir, '-DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=' + toolChainFile, '-G', generator,
'-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=' + buildType, sourceDir], shell=True )
    else:
        p1 = subprocess.Popen( ['cmake', '-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=' +
installDir, '-DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=' + toolChainFile, '-G', generator,
'-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=' + buildType, sourceDir] )
    output = p1.communicate()[0]

With the appropriate variables set.

Raph