[CMake] symbolic linking at install

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Aug 22 05:24:48 EDT 2007

On 22.08.07 10:07:13, Tim Schooley wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I know there are already a few posts on this subject - I've tried to
> take what has been said to achieve my goal: for the install target, I
> would like to link my libraries as follows (clearly, this is for unix only):
>
> libabc.so -> libabc.so.1
> libabc.so -> libabc.so.1.0
> libabc.so -> libabc.so.1.0.0

Except the 1.0 you can achieve similar thing with

set_target_properties(abc VERSION 1.0.0 SOVERSION 1)

That creates libabc.so.1.0.0 as real file and libabc.so and libabc.so.1
as symlinks to the former. And thats what you usually see for shared
libs on unix.

Andreas

--
You had some happiness once, but your parents moved away, and you had to
leave it behind.