Fwd: Re: [CMake] Running cmake to create binaries on a VFAT partition (LINUX)

Clemens Arth Clemens.Arth at gmx.at
Sun Aug 19 12:27:39 EDT 2007

Hi,

yes, being a user cmake is working for all projects where the output should not be placed on my vfat partition. Anyway, I had a look at the CMakeOutput file, but it did not contain any valuable information. The CMakeError file didn't even exist. The interesting thing is, that I've now figured out that it works also on vfat partition being user, but I had to call cmake twice to get all files built.

Calling Cmake the first time resulted in:

CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/usr/share/cmake-2.4/Modules/CMakeDetermineSystem.cmake:81:
CONFIGURE_FILE Problem configuring file
Current CMake stack: /media/data/FRAMEWORK/code/CMakeLists.txt;/usr/share/cmake-2.4/Modules/CMakeDetermineSystem.cmake
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/usr/share/cmake-2.4/Modules/CMakeDetermineCCompiler.cmake:94:
CONFIGURE_FILE Problem configuring file
Current CMake stack: /media/data/FRAMEWORK/code/CMakeLists.txt;/usr/share/cmake-2.4/Modules/CMakeDetermineCCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/usr/share/cmake-2.4/Modules/CMakeDetermineCXXCompiler.cmake:87:
CONFIGURE_FILE Problem configuring file
Current CMake stack: /media/data/FRAMEWORK/code/CMakeLists.txt;/usr/share/cmake-2.4/Modules/CMakeDetermineCXXCompiler.cmake
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
:32:
CONFIGURE_FILE Problem configuring file
Current CMake stack: /media/data/FRAMEWORK/code/CMakeLists.txt;/usr/share/cmake-2.4/Modules/CMakeCInformation.cmake;/usr/share/cmake-2.4/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/usr/share/cmake-2.4/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:46:
A command failed during the invocation of macro "CHECK_TYPE_SIZE".
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/usr/share/cmake-2.4/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:46:
CHECK_TYPE_SIZE unknown error.
Current CMake stack: /media/data/FRAMEWORK/code/CMakeLists.txt;/usr/share/cmake-2.4/Modules/CMakeCInformation.cmake;/usr/share/cmake-2.4/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake
The end of a CMakeLists file was reached with an IF statement that was not closed properly.
Within the directory: /media/data/FRAMEWORK/code
The arguments are: "HAVE_CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P" MATCHES "HAVE_CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P$"
-- Configuring done

There were no Makefiles created, so I called it a second time and the result was

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /media/data/FRAMEWORK/linbin

Then it worked fine, but it's strange that I had to call cmake more than once...

Clemens

-------- Original-Nachricht --------