[CMake] prefered header version?

Stefan Kögl skoegl at online.de
Fri Aug 17 18:11:50 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm not new to c++ programming, but new to cmake .

I have started an opensource project at berlios.
I don't know if I'm allowed to name it here, but if you want to know, feel
free to ask me for the url and name.

Now I want to make a library version bump while keeping the stable version.
The stable version is important for the system and must not be deleted or
overwritten. The versions are quite different but the header names are the
same;(

- The unstable version is installed in /usr/local
- The stable one in /usr

How to prefer a header e.g "/usr/local/include/foo-0.25/foo/*.h"
over "/usr/include/foo/*.h" ?

I tried a cmake command:

INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(BEFORE /usr/local/include/foo-0.25)

But g++ still takes the headers in /usr but not the newer ones
in /usr/local/include. While the time of coexistence will be short, but
repetitive, it would be nice to point me to a convenient solution.

Thanks,

sk