[CMake] KDevelop, QT and CMake

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Fri Aug 17 09:32:54 EDT 2007

On Friday 17 August 2007 09:45, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
> Quoting Marcin Gil <marcin.gil at gmail.com>:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am a bit frustrated, since I haven't found any good value tutorial
> > how to develop QT4 software using KDevelop and CMake instead of QMake.
> >
> > QMake automatically parses .ui files, creates includes, .moc files etc.
> >
> > How can this be achieved by using CMake?
> >
> > Can anyone point me to a good tutorial or provide some examples?
>
> It can be done but the current CMake template and build system
> (in-tree, creating files everywhere and messing everything) is awful.
> I am talking about KDevelop 3.4 here.

Do you mean the project templates for cmake projects which come with
KDevelop ?
I didn't look after them for a long time...

> I removed the CMakeFiles directory and the Makefile KDevelop creates
> and used my own stuff:
> 1. Create a "build" directory in your project's directory
> 2. Use this Makefile:
>
> ========
> all:
>          cd build; cmake ..; make
>
> elampodaemon.wt: all
>
> clean:
>          rm -rf build/*
> ========
> (replace "elampodaemon.wt" with your target)

There is no need for that.
You can just create a buildtree wherever you like and run cmake there:
src/$ mkdir build
src/$ cd build
src/build/$ cmake -GKDevelop3 ..

and project files cmake generates will work as expected.

Bye
Alex