[CMake] Linking shared libraries into one single executable?

Alexander Lex alexander.lex at imedgine.org
Mon Aug 13 12:25:29 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm not so savy with build systems and libraries etc, so please excuse
if I'm asking a couple of stupid questions:

I have a project, managed by cmake, which uses a couple of external
libraries (Coin3D, SoQt, Qt4, ITK, SimVoleon, Boost).

My project builds fine using the shared installed libraries.

Now I'd like to put a releas on sourceforge, for both windows and linux,
but I can't expect people to have all those libraries installed. Most of
them are not managed by package management systems, and some are only
available as source files. I can not expect a potential user to compile
those libraries - so I need a way to include all the needed stuff in my
program. I honestly have no idea how to do that, so any pointers would
be much appreciated!

Thx,

Alex