[CMake] ifort and the visual studio generator

Maik Beckmann maikbeckmann at gmx.de
Fri Aug 10 03:24:48 EDT 2007

This is the second try, since gmane seems to swallowed the first one...

Hello,

I have trouble when trying to run the "Visual Studio 7" generator on a Fortran
project, while "NMake Makefiles" works fine. The installed fortran compiler
is intels ifort.

A minimal test case:

<CMakeLists.txt>
project(foo Fortran)
add_executable(main main.f)
</CMakeLists.txt>
<main.f>
c       This is the code snippet which is used by the TRY_COMPILE
c       in CMakeTestFortranCompiler.cmake
        PROGRAM TESTFortran
        PRINT *, 'Hello'
        END
</main.f>

CMake fails with:
<error log>
Building Fortran object testFortranCompiler.obj
Linking Fortran target cmTryCompileExec.exe
Fatal error cannot open "ifconsol"
</error log>
where ifconsol refers to libifconsol.lib which in my case in
<intel fortran lib folder>
c:\Compiler\Intel\Compiler\Fortran\9.0\IA32\Lib\
</intel fortran lib folder>

The next thought is LIB isn't set proper, but
1.
    <echo %LIB%>
C:\Compiler\Intel\Compiler\Fortran\9.0\IA32\Lib;c:\Programme\Microsoft Visual
Studio .NET\Vc7\PlatformSDK\lib\;c:\Programme\Microsoft Visual
Studio .NET\Vc7\lib\;d:\users\gck_mb\Qt\4.2.2\lib;
    </echo %LIB%>
2.
    > $ifort main.f
    works perfect