[CMake] ctest -- test case specific timeouts?

Reinhold Fuereder R.Fureder at exeter.ac.uk
Wed Aug 8 07:46:40 EDT 2007

Hello,

According to http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2007-January/012713.html
test case specific timeouts should be supported via set_tests_properties in
CMake 2.4.7. Unfortunately, this does not seem to work for me. Note that I
don't want to use Dart, but just local CTest. Also, I want to explicitly avoid
the global DART_TESTING_TIMEOUT (which is working as expected).

Please correct me if I am wrong, but as a result of the ENABLE_TESTING()
ADD_TEST and SET_TESTS_PROPERTIES calls in my CMakeLists.txt a DartTestfile
(see below) is generated that is then used by CTest; and CTest does not use
any other information.

ADD_TEST(ClassFilterTest "CTestCppUnitMain" "ClassFilterTest")
SET_TESTS_PROPERTIES(ClassFilterTest PROPERTIES TIMEOUT 5)

So my failing expectation is that the ClassFilterTest is killed in case it
takes longer than 5 seconds, but it isn't.

Thanks,
	Reinhold