[CMake] Re: problems compilating 2.4.7 under 2.2

Alex Dantart alex at sync.es
Tue Aug 7 19:28:31 EDT 2007

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Alex Dantart wrote:
>> Hi:
>>
>> I need cmake > 2.4.2 for a project.
>> I'm on ubuntu. First I installed the cmake I have in the dapper
>> repository: apt-get install cmake
>> That installs 2.2 successfully:
>> [snip bits about cmake 2.2 not building newer cmake]
>
> Any reason you aren't using a pre-compiled binary? Alternatively,
> maybe you should try bootstrappping cmake (you can build cmake on a
> system that doesn't already have cmake...) without using the older
> cmake version?

where can i find a pre-compiled binary >2.4.2 for ubuntu ? I can't !
If I try to do it without cmake this happens:

/usr/src/cmake-2.4.7# ./bootstrap
CMake 2.4-7, Copyright (c) 2006 Kitware, Inc., Insight Consortium
C compiler on this system is: /usr/bin/gcc
C++ compiler on this system is: /usr/bin/gcc
Error when bootstrapping CMake:
Cannot find appropriate Makefile processor on this system.
Please specify one using environment variable MAKE.