[CMake] How to get around a CACHE problem?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 12:36:42 EDT 2007

2007/8/6, Christian Convey <christian.convey at gmail.com>:
> > but the CMake macro writer may want to SET value as a GUESSED.
> >
> > SET(VAR [VALUE] [CACHE TYPE DOCSTRING [FORCE]] [GUESSED])
> >
> > Do you think this proposition deserve a feature request?
> >

> I think something about CMake needs rethinking if the solution is
> looking this complicated.

No please.
I should be blamed for proposing unwillingly complicated ideas :=)

CMake designer and developers have made CMake
simple to use be sure they will find a simple idea.

Note that my first proposal was to through away the CMakeCache.txt
if a FATAL_ERROR occured, this is simple, don't you think?

--
Erk