[CMake] building 2.4.7 on solaris 10

Seth Grover sethdgrover at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 13:02:40 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to build CMake 2.4.7 on Solaris 10. (Before I go on, I am a
total and complete newbie to Solaris, so if it's something stupid I'm
doing, I'm not suprised.

Anyway, I have a new Solaris 10 virtual machine in which I've set up
the standard development tools which I obtained from sunfreeware.com,
like gcc, ncurses, make, etc. Installation of those packages seems to
be correct. I used crle to set my library path to find the .so files
needed in /usr/local/lib.

After doing that, I was able run the bootstrap script as indicated in
the readme. Here's the output.

[root at nitrodev-solaris10:/export/home/nitrodev/tmp/cmake-2.4.7]$ ./bootstrap
CMake 2.4-7, Copyright (c) 2006 Kitware, Inc., Insight Consortium
C compiler on this system is: gcc
C++ compiler on this system is: g++
Makefile processor on this system is: make
g++ is GNU compiler
g++ has STL in std:: namespace
g++ has ANSI streams
g++ has streams in std:: namespace
g++ has sstream
g++ has operator!=(string, char*)
g++ has stl iterator_traits
g++ has standard template allocator
g++ has allocator<>::rebind<>
g++ does not have non-standard allocator<>::max_size argument
g++ has stl containers supporting allocator objects
g++ has header cstddef
g++ requires template friends to use <>
g++ supports member templates
g++ has standard template specialization syntax
g++ has argument dependent lookup
g++ has struct stat with st_mtim member
g++ has ANSI for scoping
make: `cmake' is up to date.
/export/home/nitrodev/tmp/cmake-2.4.7/Bootstrap.cmk/InitialCacheFlags.cmake
-- Cannot determine repository type. Please set UPDATE_TYPE to 'cvs'
or 'svn'. CTest update will not work.
sh: QT_MOC_EXECUTABLE-NOTFOUND: not found
sh: QT_UIC_EXECUTABLE-NOTFOUND: not found
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /export/home/nitrodev/tmp/cmake-2.4.7
CMake has bootstrapped.  Now run make.

Okay, so that seems to have worked. Then I tried to run make:

[root at nitrodev-solaris10:/export/home/nitrodev/tmp/cmake-2.4.7]$ make
[  0%] Building C object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/ProcessUNIX.o
[  0%] Building C object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/Base64.o
[  1%] Building C object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/Terminal.o
[  1%] Building C object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/System.o
[  1%] Building CXX object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/Directory.o
[  2%] Building CXX object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/DynamicLoader.o
[  2%] Building CXX object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/Glob.o
[  2%] Building CXX object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/RegularExpression.o
[  3%] Building CXX object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/SystemTools.o
[  3%] Building CXX object
Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/CommandLineArguments.o
[  4%] Building CXX object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/Registry.o
[  4%] Building CXX object Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/IOStream.o
Linking CXX static library libcmsys.a
Error running link command: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [Source/kwsys/libcmsys.a] Error 2
make[1]: *** [Source/kwsys/CMakeFiles/cmsys.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
[root at nitrodev-solaris10:/export/home/nitrodev/tmp/cmake-2.4.7]$

I'm not sure what "Error running link command: No such file or
directory" is trying to tell me. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Seth Grover

--